What strategies can we all use to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, such as the flu?
- Distance yourself from others, including staying in groups of fewer than 10 people at once.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep sick children home as well.
- Cover your cough or sneeze, then immediately discard any tissues.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
- Plan for if/when community spread occurs.