How does Ready Now Yuma prepare YUHSD students to succeed in college and career?
Ready Now Yuma is based on some of the best practices and models in teaching and learning from across the nation and around the world. As a result, Ready Now Yuma is designed to support the academic success of students by:
- Providing every YUHSD student with a rigorous, high expectations curriculum;
- Supporting teachers to actively engage students in a learning model that emphasizes critical thinking, inquiry, and problem-solving;
- Focusing on mastery of skills and knowledge by providing authentic learning experiences and assessments;
- Enabling personalized, future-oriented conversations with students and families that reinforce the importance of postsecondary education for every student;
- Offering additional academic supports to ensure mastery of skills and knowledge for student success;
- Engaging students in higher standard exams and assessments which better predict college and career readiness; and
- Providing multiple pathways to college and career including, but not limited to, Advanced Placement, Career and Technical Education, and Concurrent Enrollment.