YUHSD registration begins Friday, July 19
Ok All students who plan to attend high school in Yuma Union High School District this fall are expected to register. Registration will take place at each school site.
Below are the registration days and times for each cohort:
Friday, July 19 Seniors (Cohort 2020) 12 – 3 p.m. Last Names A-L
3 – 6 p.m. Last Names M-Z
Monday, July 22 Juniors (Cohort 2021) 12 – 3 p.m. Last Names A-L
3 – 6 p.m. Last Names M-Z
Tuesday, July 23 Sophomores/Freshmen 12 – 3 p.m. Last Names A-L
(Cohorts 2022 & 2023) 3 – 6 p.m. Last Names M-Z
Thursday, July 25 All Students 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Parents/guardians will need to provide the following documents for students who are new to the district:
- Birth certificate for the child, original or certified true copy (if you are not listed on the birth certificate, you will need legal documentation regarding custody).
- Proof of identity of parent/legal guardian: Proof could include but is not limited to: a state issued driver’s license; an Arizona ID; a valid passport; a military or government issued ID; a consular card; or up to date immunization records
- Proof of residency (per Arizona Department of Education: Arizona Residency Guidelines): The parent or legal guardian must provide one of the following documents, which bear the parent or legal guardian’s full name and residential address or physical description of the property where the student resides (no P.O. Boxes): valid Arizona driver’s license; Arizona identification card; valid Arizona motor vehicle registration; valid Arizona Address Confidentiality Program authorization card; property deed; mortgage documents; property tax bill; rental agreement or lease (including Section 8 agreement or off-base military housing); electric, gas or water bill; bank or credit card statement; W-2 wage statement; payroll stub; certificate of tribal enrollment (506 Form) or other identification issued by a recognized Indian tribe located in Arizona; other documentation from a state, tribal or federal agency (Social Security Administration, Veteran’s Administration, Arizona Department of Economic Security, etc.); temporary on-base billeting facility (for military families)
- School records: Withdrawal form; report card (most recent); and transcript
- Record of promotion from eighth grade if student has never attended high school
- Immunization records
- Students should be prepared to pay for elective class fees and ID photo fees (cash, check, and credit/debit card are acceptable forms of payment).
Students returning to the district should be prepared to:
- Verify parent/guardian residency
- Pay for ID picture and extra-curricular activity fee ($15.00)
- Pay for elective course fees at the bookstore
- Pay for any textbooks that were not returned the previous year
Pay fees online: Students and parents can save time in line at registration by prepaying fees online and bringing in a printed receipt to show at registration. Online fee payments can be made on all school websites.
The first day of school is Thursday, August 1, 2019. Classes begin at 7:45 a.m. at Cibola, Gila Ridge, Kofa and Yuma, while San Luis starts at 7:30 a.m. and Vista begins at 8:30 a.m.