Registration Information 2022-23
All students who plan to attend high school in Yuma Union High School District this fall are expected to register. Registration is divided into separate days by cohort and will take place at each school site.
Below are the registration days and times for each cohort:
Monday, July 25
Thursday, July 28
Tuesday, July 26
Friday, July 29
To help expedite the registration process for families, numerous forms will be available on your school website or YumaUnion.org in advance. Packets of forms for your school can be accessed by visiting the school website and clicking the registration image on the homepage. Families who completed online enrollment for their incoming freshman (Class of 2026) do NOT need to complete forms again. However, they should still attend in-person registration to complete the final steps in the process.
Additionally, parents registering siblings who are in separate cohorts may come on a single day and register all children at the same time.
Parents/guardians will need to provide the following documents for students who are new to the district:
- Birth certificate for the child, original or certified true copy (if you are not listed on the birth certificate, you will need legal documentation regarding custody).
- Proof of identity of parent/legal guardian: Proof could include but is not limited to: a state issued driver’s license; an Arizona ID; a valid passport; a military or government issued ID; a consular card; or up to date immunization records
- Proof of residency (per Arizona Department of Education: Arizona Residency Guidelines): The parent or legal guardian must provide one of the following documents, which bear the parent or legal guardian’s full name and residential address or physical description of the property where the student resides (no P.O. Boxes): valid Arizona driver’s license; Arizona identification card; valid Arizona motor vehicle registration; valid Arizona Address Confidentiality Program authorization card; property deed; mortgage documents; property tax bill; rental agreement or lease (including Section 8 agreement or off-base military housing); electric, gas or water bill; bank or credit card statement; W-2 wage statement; payroll stub; certificate of tribal enrollment (506 Form) or other identification issued by a recognized Indian tribe located in Arizona; other documentation from a state, tribal or federal agency (Social Security Administration, Veterans Administration, Arizona Department of Economic Security, etc.); temporary on-base billeting facility (for military families)
- School records: Withdrawal form; report card (most recent); and transcript
- Record of promotion from eighth grade if student has never attended high school
- Immunization records
- Students should be prepared to pay for elective class fees and ID photo fees (cash, check, and credit/debit card are acceptable forms of payment).
Students returning to the district should be prepared to:
- Verify parent/guardian residency (see residency section above)
- Pay picture ID fee ($15.00). Please note: all students are required to have an ID while on campus.
- Pay for elective course fees at the webstore
- Pay for any equipment that was not returned the previous year
Pay fees online (recommended): Students and parents can save time in line at registration by prepaying fees online and bringing in a PRINTED RECEIPT to show at registration. Online fee payments can be made on all school websites.
The first day of school is Thursday, August 4, 2022. Classes begin at 7:40 a.m. at Cibola, Gila Ridge, Kofa and Yuma, while San Luis starts at 7:30 a.m. and Vista begins at 8:30 a.m.
Students who wish to take part in distance learning for the 2022-23 school year are welcome to enroll in Yuma Online Distance Academy (YODA). Please visit https://www.yumaunion.org/Page/19 or contact your student’s counselor for more information.