Dual enrollment: Courses that allow eligible students to earn both high school and college credit at the same time, at their high school campus during their regular high school day. The credits students earn through dual enrollment are treated the same as regular college credit, i.e. they can be transferred to community colleges, Arizona's state universities, and even some out-of-state colleges.
Concurrent enrollment: Is the same principle as Dual Enrollment, BUT courses are taken by students individually at an Arizona Western College campus or online and cater to the student's individual interests and time frame. Concurrent enrollment classes are not affiliated with the high schools in any way. If students want to transfer the college credit to their high school they will need prior approval from their high school counselor if they want these courses to help satisfy high school requirements.
*Migrant students may be eligible to have the cost of classes covered. Meet with your Migrant advisor for more information.
Dual and Concurrent Process must be completed prior to the start of the class.
1. Must meet with your Kofa Counselor to review the concurrent process & discuss course options.
3. Register for class/es and pay fee at AWC. Click here to view the Self-Service tutorial as needed.
4. Complete Kofa Concurrent form HERE prior to the class start date.
1. Must meet with your Kofa Counselor to request class and review the dual credit process.
3. Complete the Kofa Dual Credit registration HERE.