Hall of Fame Nomination Procedure
Categorical Qualifications for Nomination
Individuals and teams may be nominated in any of the following categories:
- Athlete: Any person who participated in varsity athletics at Yuma High School, graduated from Yuma High School, and has distinguished himself/herself in athletics at the high school level or beyond. Examples include, but are not limited to, All-Region/conference, All-State or All-American recognition, collegiate athlete, professional athlete, national or international competition. Nominee must have graduated from YHS at least 10 years prior to nomination to be considered.
- Teams: Athletic teams may be nominated collectively for outstanding achievement as a team.
- Coach: Any Yuma High School coach, who has made significant contributions to YHS athletic programs, has been influential in the “Criminal Tradition” of excellence, and has distinguished themselves with accomplishments that merit recognition.
- Friend of Athletics: Any individual who has made outstanding contributions to the interscholastic athletic programs at Yuma High School other than coaching or playing.
Procedures for Nominations to the YHS Athletic Hall of Fame
- Anyone can nominate a person to be considered for the Hall of Fame.
- All nominations must be submitted on the official Yuma High School Athletic Hall of Fame nomination forms. Forms are also available by email and at Yuma High School's Athletics Office.
- In addition to the official nomination forms, the following support materials must be submitted for an individual’s consideration:
- A letter of recommendation from the person making the nomination.
- Newspaper clippings, magazine articles, copies of scorebooks, and statistics that substantiate the accomplishments and contributions of the nominee
- Individual picture (head shot) and action shot in nominee’s sport (if available).
- All nominations received for consideration must contain active and current address and contact information for the nominee (or their family if deceased). Nominations can be considered by HOF committee only if submitted with required support materials. Please gather as much information as possible.
- The completed nomination packet must be sent to:
YHS Athletic Department
400 S. 6th Ave
Yuma, AZ 85364
- Once the nomination packet has been received by the Hall of Fame committee, the nominator will be notified by email. Following the initial nomination, the candidate’s information will remain on file in the athletic director’s office.
Nominations to the YHS Athletic Hall of Fame are welcome at any time.
- All nomination packets received before April 1 will be evaluated for possible inclusion in the fall induction class.
We encourage you to contact the YHS Athletic Hall of Fame committee by email if you have any questions, or check us out on Facebook.