Message from the Athletic Director
Welcome to the Gila Ridge High School Athletic Program!
At Gila Ridge we're excited about athletics. Whether you're a part of a team or in the crowd, we appreciate you. We encourage our students to get involved in areas of interest, develop talents, gain confidences, and learn life long skills. Since opening our doors in 2007, we've been able to develop a strong tradition in many of our programs. Gila Ridge captured its first state championship in 2014 when our Boys Cross Country team won it all and again in 2018 with our boys soccer team. During the 2022 season our cheerleaders also won an AIA State Championship! Our teams have also won numerous region and section championships since 2007, which is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our student athletes and coaches as well as the support of our community.
- The GRHS Athletic Community will challenge, support, and prepare students for college, career and community.
- We believe in Pursuing Victory with Honor.
- We are committed to building character through discipline, integrity, and loyalty.
- We will empower student-athletes to exhibit sportsmanship and develop lifelong skills.
- The interscholastic athletic programs at GRHS shall be conducted in accordance with the existing YUHSD #70 Board of Education policies, rules and regulations. While we take pride in success, we do not condone “winning at any cost” and discourage any and all pressures which might tend to neglect good sportsmanship and good mental health. At all times, the Athletic Program must be conducted in such a way as to justify it as an educational activity.
- We believe the opportunity for participation in a wide variety of student selected activities is a vital part of the student’s educational experiences. Such participation is a privilege that carries with it the responsibilities to the school, to the activity, to the student body, to the community and to the students themselves. The experiences contribute to the development of learning skills that enable the student to make the maximum use of his or her education. Gila Ridge High school coaches play an integral role in shaping these experiences.