2015 Bond Updates
Thank You Voters For Your Ongoing Support!
On November 3, 2015 voters in Yuma County approved two ballot measures:
1) Voters decided to approve the sale of $79.5 million in bonds to repair, renovate, and maintain schools; improve school grounds; and build school buildings.
Vote count: YES 5293 (56.84%) NO 4019 (43.16%)
2) Voters decided to allow the District to sell two properties in order to improve overall district efficiency.
Vote count: YES 6674 (77.12%) NO 1980 (22.88%)
Recent Bond Activity
- July 13 Bond Update Presentation to the Governing Board
- Launched @YUHSDBondWork on Twitter to document progress of bond-related construction projects
March - May 2016:
- BWS Architects/Thompson Design Architects awarded the District Office and Vista projects, and the Cibola HS classroom building
- DLR Group awarded Kofa HS renovations
- April awarding of Level 1 & 2 projects
- Level 2 projects: Awarded to three different architects DLR Group (Yuma HS Old Main Elevator - CORE Construction), Thompson Design, Breckenridge Group
- Ordered football stadium LED lights for Cibola HS main stadium and practice fields - standard lights
- Kofa HS - New track (asphalt and surface), Yuma HS - Resurfacing of Carver Park track, San Luis HS - New all-weather track
- Level 1 Architect meetings started in May
- Purchased portable bleachers for YHS
- Monday, May 16 - Open the request for qualifications (RFQ) on Construction Manager at Risk services - closed June 6
- May 24 Bond Update Presentation to the Governing Board
- Opened Request for Qualifications of Architect and Engineer Services
- YUHSD Governing Board approved the position of Construction Manager
- Closed Request for Qualifications of Architect and Engineer Services