Today, more than ever, employee benefits represent an integral part of your total compensation. The Yuma Union High School District, offers an excellent benefit plan that provides our employees the following benefits:
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- Leave and Vacation
- ASRS Retirement Benefits / Long Term Disability
- Worker’s Compensation
- Payroll Deduction Available for Optional Deductions
- Working Advantage Discount Program
Health/Dental/Life Insurance: The District provides $8,800.00 per year towards the payment of health, dental, and life insurance for the individual. Part-time, temporary, substitute, and YUHSD Retirees are not eligible for benefits. Employees may elect to purchase Buy Up Plans and/or Dependent coverage. Life Insurance is $50,000.
General Leave: Leave days credited in one year are as follows: nine-month employees: eleven days. Nine-month certificated & ten-month employees: twelve days. Twelve-month employees: fourteen days. Leave days accumulative to 180 days per YUHSD Policy GCCA.
- Twelve-month Exempt Employees may accrue up to twenty days per year.
- Twelve-month Non-Exempt Support Staff earn vacation as follows. After one-year, twelve-month employees are entitled to twelve workdays of vacation. After six years, vacation shall be seventeen workdays per year; after twelve years, twenty workdays per year. Employees in this group with less than one year of employment shall accrue 3.69 hrs. per pay period.
- Per YUHSD policies GCA and GDD, twelve-month employees may automatically carry vacation from the previous fiscal year not to exceed a forty-five-day carryover.
Arizona State Retirement System: Regular employees working 20 hours or more per week must participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). The retirement benefits an employee receives depends on the number of years and months for which the employee receives retirement credit. Employees receive credit as a result of the following three factors: mandatory contributions to the plan, years of service, and age. Long-term disability is provided through an employee’s participation in the ASRS. For additional information regarding benefits with the ASRS, log on to their website at www.azasrs.gov. New employees are obligated to electronically enroll in ASRS within one week of employment. (Retirees must specify participation).
Social Security/Medicare: The District contributes 6.2% of salary
Worker’s Compensation: Employees are automatically covered by Worker’s Compensation insurance through the district’s current worker’s compensation carrier. If an employee is injured in an accident arising out of and in the course of his/her employment, he/she is eligible to apply for compensation.
Payroll Deduction is available for the following options:
- Extra-curricular tax credit Buy Up Plans and/or Dependent Coverage
- 403 B Investments Flexible Benefits Program
- Car/House Insurance AFLAC
- Legal Shield Additional Life Insurance
Working Advantage Discount Program: Cost free discount program for exclusive and convenient savings on products, services, and experiences.
Additional Benefits for those eligible on the Administrative Support Salary Schedule: $200,000 Life Insurance (cost of which is a taxable fringe benefit)